The QIDP is responsible for developing and overseeing the delivery of services across settings in order to enhance the health, well-being, quality of life, opportunities and achievement of personal outcomes for individuals served. As a QIDP you will assist in training and supervising direct support staff working in CILA homes. Additionally, you will serve as the case manager for the individuals who live in the home(s) you oversee. The QIDP is expected to uphold the Active Visions philosophy of individual choice and realization of person-directed goals. The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Hold quarterly staff meetings and as-needed individual meetings with DSP staff to coordinate services for clients
- Perform semi-weekly visits to group homes while clients are present
- Develop and supervise implementation of annual service plan
- Ensure proper documentation and upkeep of client files in audit-ready condition
- Facilitate and oversee medical care of residents
- Facilitate group and individual recreational activities
- Provide as-needed assistance to clients to provide transportation to and from day programs, medical appointments, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between residents, staff, family members, and all other entities
At Active Visions we encourage a hands-on approach and expect that you will have a strong presence in the homes you serve.
- Ability to communicate effectively, develop and maintain positive relationships with staff , clients, and other entities.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social service related field
- One year of experience working with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Access to reliable car with insurance